Thu 26 Mar 2020
Nitty-gritty details: Salesforce data to Notes example
Wed 25 Mar 2020
From REST to Notes db in two seconds
Thu 19 Mar 2020
Mind the Gap - A mid-level development manifesto
Branching out: Would it run on a toaster?
Tue 18 Feb 2020, 03:40 PMTweet
by Ben Langhinrichs
Given that domino-db is just a messenger (and message receiver), it would likely be easy to discern the proto bufs used and send them from somewhere else. In other words, I could probably write a domino-db for Python in a weekend, and it would interact with PROTON exactly the way domino-db does. In fact, the server would likely be completely unaware that I was running from somewhere else.
Anyway, I don't have any desire for a Python version of domino-db, but if you do, give me a call. For a very reasonable price, I could create one for you. Maybe your toaster uses Python, for example?
Image note: I have no relationship with Griffin Technologies, but if smart toasters and other home IoT devices are your jam, go check them out.
Posts in this series:
- The tree you are busy hugging has new branches,
- Branching out: A few terms
- Branching out: REST, gRPC, and other gory details you can (mostly) ignore
- Branching out: No REST for the wicked - Part 1
- Branching out: No REST for the wicked - Part 2
- Branching out: Let's tackle Node.js
- Branching out: More CRUD with domino-db
- Branching out: Why the domino-db Document is not like NotesDocument
- Branching out: Models, msgs, and microservices
Copyright © 2020 Genii Software Ltd.
What has been said: