To follow Ed's lead, but more leisurely
Fri 23 Jan 2004, 09:14 PMTweet
by Ben Langhinrichs
Since Ed mentioned me, I figured I should reciprocate. Ed posted his Lotusphere schedule, and, between you and me, I am exhausted just reading it. So here is my somewhat more leisurely plan for Lotusphere:
- Saturday: Penumbra group dinner, where I'll wave at Ed and Ambuj. Turtle's gathering sounds too strenuous for me, so I'll pack it in early.
- Sunday: I'll hang around and see what is happening until the party, where I'll pretty much hang around and see what is happening. Maybe I'll stop over for a milkshake.
- Monday: I'll attend a few sessions and spend some time on the showcase floor, meeting once and future clients and scoping out what new stuff is out there. I'm going to a party later.
- Tuesday: I'll hang around chatting with friends and clients until 2:30pm, when I have my BP102 Advanced Lotus Notes/Web Coexistence session. I hope to see you there. After the session, I'm going with an old friend to Fulton's Crab House.
- Wednesday: I'll see a few more sessions, spend some time at the showcase. Universal Studios party, where I'll hang around and catch some rides..
- Thursday: Stay as late as I can, then catch an early evening plane home.
If you think this is WAY too relaxed for Lotusphere, let me let you in on a secret. Genii Software has had a really good year, and I decided that I didn't have to compete with everybody else at Lotusphere in making noise. I have a couple of products to introduce, but besides showing them to a few friends, I'll wait until the uproar settles down, and introduce them in February, or perhaps even at the Munich conference, where people may be able to pay more attention. I'm staying at the Swan, so I don't have to fuss with rental cars. My session is finished, and has been for a while. Generally, I'm just going to hang out and enjoy myself for once.
So, if you want to find me, I'll be the one relaxed person in the crowd of 8000. If you don't see a relaxed face, it is probably just because I am in the pool. See you there!
Copyright © 2004 Genii Software Ltd.
What has been said: