The high fidelity email rendering provided by CoexLinks Fidelity 3.6 is often viewed as primarily about appearance, but it is also about preserving data integrity. This 4 minute demo shows a number of examples where actual data loss occurs when certain elements are sent via email and rendered by either the IBM Notes 9.0.1 client or the IBM Domino 9.0.1 server. (None of these data losses started in 9.0.1 - earlier versions were even worse). Problems shown have all been reported by Genii Software customers in rich text rendering, although the examples are contrived for effect.
Data issues fixed by CoexLinks Fidelity and shown in the demo:
- Image resources (disappear with both client/server rendering)
- Text and cell colors (light green/dark green confusion in client rendering)
- Table borders and cell borders (table borders disappear in both client/server rendering, cell borders rendered poorly in server rendering)
- Section titles (disappear completely in client rendering, render poorly in server rendering)
- Layout regions (disappear completely in both client/server rendering)
- Stored forms (not rendered by client except Body field if present)
- Buttons (disappear completely in both client/server rendering)
Best viewed in HD. Closed captions are provided for following in English or improved auto-translation.
Copyright © 2014 Genii Software Ltd.